Welcome to Tolland Veterinary Hospital
70 Hartford Turnpike, Tolland, CT 06084
Dear TVH friends,
We are here for you and your pet! We are open and providing complete veterinary care while taking all necessary precautions to keep our staff and clients safe from the Coronavirus. These are the measures we are taking:
- Our staff wear masks and gloves at all times.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting each room and equipment after use.
- We are frequently disinfecting door handles, counters, and floors.
- We do not allow clients in the hospital.
- Scheduled appointment - Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will pick up your pet. When the exam is completed, we will bring your pet back to your car and discuss the findings, questions, or any concerns you might have.
- Medical procedure - Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will pick up your pet. We will call you when your pet is ready to be picked up and will bring your pet to your car when you arrive.
- Payment - You may pay over the phone by credit card.
- Food and medications - You may pick up food and medications in the parking lot and pay over the phone. Just call us when you arrive at the parking lot.
- Euthanasia - We ask that only one family member accompany your pet in the exam room.
We ask that if you show any signs of illness, please call us and reschedule your appointment.
We will be open our regular business hours. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 860-875-5748.
Stay healthy out there!
The TVH Family
Dr. Laura Roy
Dr. Eran Shemer
Dr. Colleen Dugan
Dr. Patricia Abo (recently retired)
Wellness exams and preventative care
Diagnostic services (In-house lab, X-ray and Ultrasound)
Hospital care for sick animals
Treatment of injuries and wounds
Dental procedures (Teeth cleaning and Extractions)
Soft tissue surgeries (Spay, Neuter, Mass removal, Abdominal/ear/eye surgeries and others)
Orthopedic surgeries (Bone fractures, ACL injury, Patella luxation, Amputation, FHO and others)
Tolland Veterinary Hospital has been providing medical care for Tolland and the surrounding towns for more than 50 years. We offer state-of-the-art veterinary care by a team of compassionate and dedicated individuals. We foster a family-like environment for both our clients and our patients.
Our experienced doctors are dedicated to the health of your pet, and our friendly and professional staff are very knowledgeable and caring. We are happy to answer any question you may have about your pet's overall wellness including vaccines, surgeries, behavior, diet, exercise etc.
If you do have any questions, call (860) 875-5748 for immediate concerns, or email us when you can allow 1-2 business days for an answer.
We offer a number of resources that enable you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. As you browse our site, you will find informational articles under Veterinary Topics. We also welcome you to subscribe to our newsletter.
Our Tolland veterinarian office is very easy to get to -- just check out the map below!
Grain Free Diets
Recent published studies show correlation between Grain-Free diet and heart disease in dogs. While, the subject is still researched, our current recommendation is to avoid this diet whenever possible.
If your pet is on a grain free diet due to allergies, we recommend yearly examinations to monitor for heart disease, or exploring other nutritional alternatives.
Canine Flu reported in Connecticut the recent years. If your dog's lifestyle involves close contact with other dogs, call us to see if vaccination is recommended for your pet.
Go to www.DogFlu.com for more information about Canine Influenza.