Welcome To Tolland Veterinary Hospital
Welcome back inside our hospital!
We are excited to see you face to face again. Following the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of CT, effective June 1st, we are gradually allowing our clients to come inside the hospital. We are still taking necessary precautions to keep our staff and clients safe. These are the measures we are taking:
- Protective gear and disinfection
- Our staff wear masks at all times.
- We ask that clients wear masks while inside the hospital.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting each room and equipment after use.
- We are frequently disinfecting door handles, counters, and floors.
- Scheduled appointment (Wellness, Sick/injured or Euthanasia)
- Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and one of our techs will come to collect information and follow you inside the hospital, straight to an exam room.
- One family member wearing mask may accompany your pet in the exam room.
- At the end of the appointment, our team will guide you to the waiting room and the front desk will check you out.
- While inside the hospital – wear mask at all times.
- Please keep social distance from fellow clients.
- Medical procedures (drop off for surgery, diagnostic tests or other procedures)
- Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will pick up your pet.
- We will call you when your pet is ready to be picked up and will bring your pet to your car when you arrive.
- You may pay in the parking lot or over the phone.
- Food and medications
- Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and one of our techs will come to hand over the medications or food.
- You may pay in the parking lot or over the phone.
- Appointment – pay at the front desk (follow the signs).
- Medical procedures – pay in the parking lot or over the phone.
- Pick up medication or food – pay in the parking lot or over the phone.
We ask that if you show any signs of illness, please call us and reschedule your appointment.
Tolland Veterinary Hospital, a privately owned hospital, has been providing medical care for Tolland and the surrounding towns for more than 50 years. We offer state-of-the-art veterinary care by a team of compassionate and dedicated individuals. We foster a family-like environment for both our clients and our patients.
Dental care is vital to the overall health of your pet. Accumulation of tartar leads to periodontal disease and may seep into the bloodstream, affecting the heart, liver, and kidneys. We perform dental cleaning under general anesthesia and dental extractions when needed.Read More
We provide a wide selection of surgeries from routine spay and neuter to abdominal and orthopedic surgeries. All surgical procedures that required general anesthesia are done using the most modern anesthesia protocols, and monitored by highly trained technicians.Read More
We now offer a comprehensive abdominal ultrasound. Our top-notch ultrasound machine allows us to perform a high resolution evaluation of the liver, spleen, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas, intestine, lymph nodes and urinary bladder.Read More
We provide a comprehensive selection of diagnostic lab tests. For immediate results, we can run onsite tests including CBC, Chemistry panel and Urine analysis. For further diagnostic tests, we use an external lab that provides a very short turnaround time.Read More
We offer a comprehensive vaccination protocol for dogs, cat and ferrets. Our veterinarians will help you determine the right vaccines for your pet based on age, life style and possible exposure. CLICK TO SEE WHICH VACCINES ARE RECOMMENDED FOR YOU DOG.Read More
We see emergencies during working hours. If you feel that your pet experiences a medical condition that requires immediate attention, call the front desk and we will assess the urgency and will fit you in if warranted. We consider the following conditions as emergency...Read More
We are proud to be on the cutting edge of veterinary technology. Our DR X-ray machine allows us to obtain a non invasive view of the various body parts (chest, abdomen and skeletal) within minutes. This is a valuable diagnostic tool that helps our veterinarians detect and prevent illness.Read More
All surgeries are performed under the most modern anesthetic protocols. Your pet is closely monitored during anesthesia and surgery by a trained member of our staff, who is with your pet continuously from beginning of anesthesia to recovery. All anesthetic procedures require the placement of an IV catheter and use of IV fluids to prevent dehydration and provide support to the circulatory system.Read More
We believe in nurturing the human-pet bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and pets. You can expect to be greeted by a courteous receptionist, clean exam rooms, friendly doctors, and caring technicians. We appreciate the role we get to play in your pets’ health care.
When my previous vet retired, I a friend recommended Dr. Shemer. I used to travel to North Windham Vet to bring my dogs to him and couldn't have been happier when he came to Tolland Veterinary Hospital! I highly recommend him if you want a vet that will take great care of your pet whether it's surgery or daily care.
Everyone was amazing and kind. The techs, the people on the phone and the vet herself were all so wonderful and helpful. I have a german shepherd mix that has had an awful experience with a previous vet and he gets nervous. They kept his anxiety (and my anxiety) calm. The prices are fair and they were on time.
Was recommended to this vet for my ferret and was no disappointed! Dr. Shemer is very knowledgeable with ferrets and talked me through all the options for my ferrets care. Was very polite and nice to talk to! Would highly recommend them also!