Welcome To Tolland Veterinary Hospital
We are here for you and your pet! We are open and providing complete veterinary care while taking all necessary precautions to keep our staff and clients safe from the Coronavirus. These are the measures we are taking:
- Our staff wear masks and gloves at all times.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting each room and equipment after use.
- We are frequently disinfecting door handles, counters, and floors.
- We do not allow clients in the hospital.
- Scheduled appointment – Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will pick up your pet. When the exam is completed, we will bring your pet back to your car and discuss the findings, questions, or any concerns you might have.
- Medical procedure – Call us from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will pick up your pet. We will call you when your pet is ready to be picked up and will bring your pet to your car when you arrive.
- Payment – You may pay over the phone by credit card.
- Food and medications – You may pick up food and medications in the parking lot and pay over the phone. Just call us when you arrive at the parking lot.
- Euthanasia – We ask that only one family member accompany your pet in the exam room.
We ask that if you show any signs of illness, please call us and reschedule your appointment.
Tolland Veterinary Hospital has been providing medical care for Tolland and the surrounding towns for more than 50 years. We offer state-of-the-art veterinary care by a team of compassionate and dedicated individuals. We foster a family-like environment for both our clients and our patients.
Dental care is vital to the overall health of any pet. Dental disease can lead to health issues with the heart, liver, and kidneys and has the potential to seep into your pet’s bloodstream.Read More
We provide wide selection of surgeries including routine spay and neuter, mass removal, abdominal and orthopedic surgeries.Read More
We believe in nurturing the human-pet bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and pets. You can expect to be greeted by a courteous receptionist, clean exam rooms, friendly doctors, and caring technicians. We appreciate the role we get to play in your pets’ health care.
When my previous vet retired, I a friend recommended Dr. Shemer. I used to travel to North Windham Vet to bring my dogs to him and couldn't have been happier when he came to Tolland Veterinary Hospital! I highly recommend him if you want a vet that will take great care of your pet whether it's surgery or daily care.
Everyone was amazing and kind. The techs, the people on the phone and the vet herself were all so wonderful and helpful. I have a german shepherd mix that has had an awful experience with a previous vet and he gets nervous. They kept his anxiety (and my anxiety) calm. The prices are fair and they were on time.
Was recommended to this vet for my ferret and was no disappointed! Dr. Shemer is very knowledgeable with ferrets and talked me through all the options for my ferrets care. Was very polite and nice to talk to! Would highly recommend them also!